Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Subscribe or not?

I'm still wondering if it is necessary for me to subscribe to a broadband service in order to access the Internet while taking my A-Level for 18 months later. It is for sure that I will bring my laptop along.

Unnecessary because :
  • Unlike AUSMAT or SAM, we don't really need a vast searching via Internet for more information to complete the assignments for A-Level.
  • I asked myself about what I would be doing all the time while using the Internet since I started using it. Entertainment occupied 70% of the time. I need entertainment but I don't hope to get myself distracted towards it.
  • Newspapers are available there, therefore I don't need to check for the daily updated news via Internet. I prefer reading newspaper too.
Necessary because :
  • The college does provide Wi-Fi service which we have to pay RM25 per month for it. However, according to the users' feedbacks which are mostly negative, it only works roughly 10% all the time.
  • I would like keep in touch with my friends and family via messenger or web cam.
  • I guess I will have enough time to update my blog in order to share my college life. Uploading photos does need a stable line. It will be terrible if the saying about "the connection provided can't even get into google homepage" is true.
  • I believe I will rely so much on the google translator, the dictionary websites, the encyclopedia websites ( Wikipedia will do ) and the google searching engine for convenience. I'm sluggish when flipping a thick dictionary manually. Moreover, Google and Wikipedia favor me in term of ample information.

Feel free to share your humble opinion in this piece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails