Monday, June 15, 2009

Rubella


I have miserably decided to countermand my intention to attend my best friend's birthday party at tonight after my doctor had diagnosed that I'm infected with rubella, a highly contagious disease.

I googled for the symptoms of rubella, they are mild fever, headache, loss of appetite, mild conjunctivitis ( no wonder I feel pain whenever I twist my eyeballs ) , a stuffy nose ( this is torturing ) , swollen lymph nodes ( yes I have one behind my left ear ) , rashes appeared on the face spreading downwards ( my mother did worry if I got dengue fever ) etc.

I was wrong when I related my illness to the extreme hot temperature, instead it is more likely that I was infected during the medical check up in the hospital. Hospital is indeed a dangerous place.

It would be considered as selfish if I'm still being stubborn to spread the virus among my friends in the party, who knows one of them is now pregnant? :p

Note: Rubella may cause miscarriage or the baby can be born with severe disorders.

4 comments:

  1. *Taking (several) steps away from you*

    Eek!! I thought we were injected for rubella in year 1??? So, aren't we all supposed to be like immune to it??

    It sounds like you went through hell and back ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well! You are unlucky to catch Rubella from one hospital visit... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. This morning jz found out that u had this illness.. Omg..
    Hope u get well soon ya..

    from all ur frens, including yours truly.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    Melzie, my doctor told me that only private hospitals would vaccinate us :(
    Cousin, I'm getting better now, luckily it doesn't happen at the right time I get into my college :)
    Ren Ming, did you enjoy yourself at Eric's party?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails