Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reading

Except those needed to score in "literature part" in English papers when I was in secondary school, I didn't read any English novel since I was small. I didn't like to write essays in English until I had realised that my poor command in this language was worse than any average standard three students in Singapore when I was form four. I started my efforts to pull my level back by writing more often but it was already too late. Luckily I managed to score an A1 in the English paper for SPM due to the low threshold in getting that so called excellent grade (almost half of the candidates in my school got grade A) , but miserably I got B4 in the GCE O-Level. I'm the particular person if I'm going to put the blame on someone.

Reading in English was just too far away from me by then. But I think it is still the best way to acquire the literacy by ourselves and reduce the redundancy made while writing, therefore I bought an English novel in this afternoon. I guess I will spend the following time in reading my first-buy-English-novel :p

7 comments:

  1. Is it really that hard to buy a english story book. Your first-buy-English-novel at the age of 18. And I remember I got buy you an english story book wor. And you said you didn't read any english novel since you were small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had abandoned that book after finding that it was just too many words I didn't know and feeling rather to read the Chinese one -__-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot the title of the book marcus gave me, I bought The World Unseen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey,struggling man here.i also bought a novel leh..do you know what's the book name?
    ehem..it is..Disney WALL-E.haha..gina story book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you didn't read my book! Sad lo. Crying T.T
    The world unseen by who? Fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Err, even the title sounds complicated. I'm sure it has a lot of words that one will constantly need to open the dictionary.

    Start with teenage-themed books. May I suggest Scott Westerfield's books (Title: Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras -- they're all in one series)? But if you don't like science fiction then forget about it.

    :):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails