Saturday, June 6, 2009

Anticipation

I have been rotting ( not using rusting because "rotting" is more organic ) for about seven months at home while almost all of my friends are already getting into the higher education institutions for their diploma programmes respectively. I hope to start my tertiary study as fast as possible after realising that I'm gradually forgetting what I had learned during the secondary school life. I've started anticipating it and even imagining about the moment I walk into the lecture hall in formal attire, mixing with those English-educated people and practising hectic lifestyle.

Once I've registered in Kolej Teknologi Timur, Sepang, many things need to be changed. I need to be more independent, catering my own food, washing my own shirts etc. I'm already 18 years old, yet I don't know how to control a washing machine. I don't really help much in the household duties because my mother and maid worry I will mess the things up. I never cooked also, even a bowl of maggi mee. It is shameful right?

I need to be more hardworking as the Cambridge A-Level Programme wouldn't be as easy as expected. Before securing my seat in one of the universities in India, I need to pass the cutoff point, that is at least 3 B's if I'm not mistaken. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are compulsory whereas Mathematics is optional. However I won't take the risk by only acquiring the three science subjects. Besides, Mathematics is my favourite subject. The duration for this programme is only 18 months, which is compact for me ( I guess for everyone too ) to tackle the examinations.

I need to keep myself away from the entertainments that might distract my concentration towards study. I shall bring my favourite game, DotA to a halt. I may not hang out with my friends that often, by strong will.

I need to adapt myself to the English-speaking environment. Perhaps communicating by speaking English will improve my broken English by bounces and leaps. I want to speak English loudly, naturally and confidently.

Fun or agony, it depends on how you manage the situation and make use of the time. I believe I can enjoy my future life. All the best to everyone in your future undertakings too :)

5 comments:

  1. have you stop playing rubid's cube?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg washing machine also dunno... i giv no comment XD learn it asap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not stopped but seldom play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chill a bit. U sound so serious. Nevertheless, I'll be rooting for u. *Starts dancing around like a red Indian chanting hu-ga-ga-gah*

    My motivation in college will be...

    WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER :p

    I don't play Dota but I'm a footie freak. Currently trying to make legend in Pro Evolution Soccer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melzie :)
    Action speaks louder than words so I don't know if I can really control myself.
    I'm a DotA addict who is about to quit but the new map has been released yesterday, arghhh! -__-
    * I'm crazy in football games too, however I prefer Winning Eleven than FIFA *

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails