Monday, July 13, 2009

The lecturer

Having the top scorers among the international Cambridge A-Level candidates in the world, I thought one of the best colleges in my country, yet maybe also the smallest in size, Kolej Teknologi Timur to have experienced and excellence lecturers but I soon doubted about their credibility to give lecture to the students who will soon pursue advance study in different critical fields at oversea.

Yes, according to the seniors this doesn't appear to be the fundamental problem, and you might find me grumbling against trifles, because the students here could have been depending on themselves to pass the AS and A2 examinations with flying colours. It doesn't matter to have "good" or "bad" lecturers. However in my point of view this has contributed to an intensely unhealthy learning style. Students and lectures should be interactive to enhance understanding. What's the point of repeating the texts in the text book word by word to us? Let alone the sleep-inducing tone, grammatical errors and the way she was speaking English, especially when pronouncing the terminologies. Try to listen to the pronunciation of "mas" in BM and at the same time understand that she was actually trying to say "mass". I'm not going to pinpoint which lecturer I'm complaining about, and I don't mean to degrade the lecturers here, but it is saddening to know that the better lecturers are in charge of bringing the students undergoing 1 year programme up.

I will be going to my first Biology lecture later. I hope it won't end up disappointing myself again. I promise myself not to disappoint my college too :)

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new life, wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, its true lo.
    But no matter how good or bad your lecturers are, respect them with all your heart=)
    They might not be equipped enough to teach you, but they are certainly giving their best.

    It takes a lot of courage for anyone to teach the nation's brilliant minds=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry if my words sound rude. I do respect everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 尊师重道。师既不重道,惟有自求道

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is hard 2 understand,if not ironical, why the best is not given the best environment, best lecturers, best facilities when they are paid to study. what's up their sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ltk :)
    Frankly we are not the best, however I do agree with your point that we deserve a better environment. Nevertheless everything here runs smoothly and I'm satisfied to be here, the place that is almost free from distraction despite of the lacking in facilities. This has indeed contributed to a conducive environment for "self-learning" , where I hope this extent should be set further.

    *I'm really glad to know someone concerning my post, you don't mind to introduce yourself to me, do you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ur writing reflects good thots, great thinking, having a mind of ur own, despite ur age . 我欣赏你的才华. just take me as ur secret admirer. hope u don't mind if i comment on ur blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails