Monday, August 3, 2009

First Blood

The title above flashed spontaneously in my mind when I'm going to share my fresh experience in my college. I had my very first blood donation two hours ago.

Before being able to summon my courage to allow my precious blood to be isolated and the needle to penetrate my tender skin *exaggerating* , I didn't know which type my blood belongs to.

It is type O ( I don't know if it is RhD-positive ). How good would it be if donating blood would return monetary reward to us since type O is the "bestseller" :p

I was pretty worried actually, considering the fact that I saw some of the donors turned pale after donating blood. Moreover my Biology lecturer shared his first blood donation to everyone of us - he suffered hyper ventilation and collapsed after that for not taking breakfast.

It was fast - it took only 5 minutes to fill up the packet (450ml) and the needle didn't really induce much pain. I have made a promise to join the second donation.

Try to involve yourselves if there is any blood donation campaign near your area, help the people in need :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, b4 u bcum a doctor u ady starting to save life, so good, haha..I wish I could, but I can't. T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha why can't? Don't tell me you are having anaemia @_@

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea he is..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was this close(shows thumb)of having the chance to donate my blood...*sighs*...too bad for me I guess...how nice it is if I'm like you, blogging proudly about my first experience donating blood...nvm, I'll go next year for sure (provided if I don't lose any more weight)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails