Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Examination

It has been three days since I started my blog. As the promise goes on, I will be squeezing my brain once again at tonight. Normally I'll find something that inspires me in recom but the topics left are seemingly too tough for me to express my point of view in English. Suddenly I think about examination, it will be interesting for me to write indeed.

Many people did ask me for the secret to score a string of A1s in this examination. Well, I'm not trying to reiterate the cliche or general statements such as 99% of perspiration and 1% of inspiration, unwavering determination, full commitment etc. However I may share some of the less abstract ways to improve your performance during the examination.

First and foremost, do not burn midnight oil during the examination weeks. Well, as we know, lack of sleep and tired mind will affect your performance adversely. It is definitely not worth to cover just a few more topics but you are emotionally distracted when answering the questions. Secondly, try to make short notes that could be able to recall you the complicated mathematics concepts or the chronology of the history stories. Read it before you enter the examination hall, it can act as a kind of confidence-booster too. This way comes handy when there is really a bunch of points or facts you need to memorise. In fact you can even draw something inside your short notes, it works! In addition, I would advise you not to discuss the questions immediately after you have submitted your paper. It is because you might lose your confidence once you have spotted some of your answers are wrong. ( Actually I didn't obey this during the SPM weeks, I wonder if I could still handle the next paper IF I knew my points of essays were really digressed :p ) Apart from that, utilize the time allocated for each paper by checking the answers. I would like to mention the subjective part where there will always be cases about losing the marks for the entire question just due to a tiny error in using terminologies. Besides, do study the format used in the particular subject rather than spotting which question will stand a higher chance to be asked. Last but not least, stay relax and refrain from getting nervous to tackle the exam questions =)

For the examination such as SPM, you will have to prepare yourselves for about two years therefore you definitely want to answer the questions at your best performance. I hope the advice above will help. All the best to the dedicated candidates of the coming SPM! Keep in mind that SPM appears only once in your lifetime! ( You don't hope to take it twice, do you? :p )

9 comments:

  1. ur english is really excellent!!!!!!!!!actually i din make any short notes 2 tackle d exam...haha.........i oso couldn't stay calm n relax in examination hall,i tink most of d candidates oso will nervous right?but when i feel nervous,i wil sing a song softly in my heart or read out "xin jing"(i don know wat tat called in english),to me,it really works 2retrieve bek my confident.wats d meaning of 'digress' n terminology' u mentioned abv???haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep on doing it my "qin gu"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "qin gu" means my dear friend,haha.........juz ignore me if u tink i m so "wu liao".actually how 2say "wu liao" in english?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take it easy, pal. As time goes by you will find yourself more at ease at expressing yourself in whatever language that you know.

    I have a friend who studied in a Chinese school up till Form 5, and yet he possesses impeccable written and spoken English. He was a Chinese debater back in school and a very good English public speaker. Now, he is a university level English debater, and also a very good English story writer (his blog contains lots of stories: http://heartzofgold.blogspot.com).

    Therefore, take heart. As much as it is difficult, it is not unattainable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the comment is for me right?whatever it is,thanks a lot.i will keep on improving my english language speaking skill n of course writting skill.once again thanks a lot for your sharing of the blog,it's really attracting me!may i ask u a question?are u malaysian?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi baylie! Hi Henry!
    Baylie, the comment by Henry is for me as the purpose I started this blog is to improve my English, but you can make use of his advice too =)
    Henry, thanks a lot! I'm glad to have your support =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully Jin Xiang doesn't mind me using this space to answer your question, Baylie.

    Yes, I am a Malaysian, from Ipoh. If you are wondering if I am English-educated, yes I am. But I can speak fluent Mandarin and read and write a little as well. So, I won't go starving while travelling in China alone!

    P/S: My blog is http://yewhenry.wordpress.com. My Blogger (http://yewhenry.blogspot.com) is no longer in use. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't mind :)
    Okay I will now edit the link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails