Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When I was not at home

My homesickness ceased after staying for a week "in the middle of nowhere" (that's how people locate my college) but not when it came to a couple of days before departure to home. Thanks to my first examination week that has been postponed to a week after this holiday, I would have to reschedule my activities during this holiday. However I have squandered half of it before realizing I have only 5 more days to deal with the books (more than 15 kg) I brought back, but not now. I'm going to use this moment to share something I haven't updated right at here :)

This is how my college looks like.

As you can see the smart-looking guys are my housemates. The first person starting from left is Alee from Sabah, the diligent Malay. The guy in white is John from Sarawak. His greatest interest is Internet business, the field where most of us are not familiar with. The guy standing on my left hand side is called Maegyvear, a Kadazan hailed from Sabah also. Being active in Christian Fellowship and crowned to be "The Prince" during the orientation week, he is undoubtedly the most renowned person in the college.

Thanks to the seniors from the same secondary school of mine :)

I bought a new table for comfort after getting frustrated by the books jumbled up on my small desk, yet the books still jumble up easily. You guys know why.

"Learning is like sailing against the current, you would lag behind if stop moving."

These words are creative indeed.

This is one of the myriad types of bugs I have to confront every night. Somehow the mosquito here appears to be more furious. There was a spider hiding in my sport shoe too, luckily it escaped by the time I grabbed the shoe.

Time to get home :)

My little sister collected these while I was not at home!

6 comments:

  1. Messy tables represent the true life of a good student. Haha!

    Was that your Chinese calligraphy? I'm impressed at the finesse of your calligraphy! As far as I know it is not something that is easily learnt. I tried to do some calligraphy but I failed miserably. I still have an interest in it but I just don't know who to approach for lessons.

    Will you teach me? Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did u buy your table???? SO COOL!

    Btw, ur sister collects rubic cube? I AM IMPRESSED!

    And oh. It's not Alee, it's Ali. Or were u just joking around, nicknaming him??? Ahaks XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Henry :)
    The messy table should be explained by - diligent student will constantly tidy up it but I'm not that kind :p
    Thanks for your compliment! I'm glad to know you appreciate the art very much but miserably most of my friends (the Chinese-educated) don't think so.
    Actually I didn't enroll in any formal lessons because my father taught me since I was small, you know, holding my hand to do the strokes and finally ended up by self-practicing using the copies of characters.

    Hi Melzie :D
    I bought it from Giant, you can get one also!
    Yah my sister follows the fanaticism too.
    Err he puts Alee as his name in his Facebook profile, I'm going to ask him next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All ur photos are so damn nice, nice post!
    Luckily my place doesnt have any bugs...yet, haha..
    Looking 4ward 2 ur next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, holding the brush in the correct manner right? I wonder how long it took you to get used to that. I'm a natural at holding those Chinese brushes. Reason? Well, I hold my pens that way, too. Yes, I don't hold my pens the conventional way but just like how you would hold the Chinese brush. So go figure.

    Your father taught you and you practised and it came out just like that now today? God! I used to practise that but never got any good in it. Master! Can teach ah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ming Khai, I'm looking for your next post too :)
    Wow Henry I can't imagine there're people like you holding pens in this way! Isn't that the conventional way makes writing easier?
    I did come across with competitions so I have collected experience in this but "master" sounds flattering -__-
    Nevertheless I have to say observation is the main key to master it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails