Monday, March 29, 2010

FESKOTT

Finally the sports festival that lasted for a week in my college has ended. Here comes the time to review and analyze the event namely Festival Sukan Kolej Teknologi Timur (FESKOTT).

FESKOTT includes many games, for instance football, netball, volleyball, futsal and track events such as short distance sprinting. This festival didn't only confine its participants to A-Level students but also lecturers and students taking other diploma course. We were categorized into four main contingents having more than two hundreds of members each. Basketball match was introduced to meet our demand, but the organizer shouldn't have ignored some events, which could be carried out in a stadium, in this case, the stadium located 3km from my college. It was not a great deal to apply for the access of using those facilities in order to provide us the opportunity to take part in events other than sprinting. Personally I feel it was quite disappointing and a little unfair. Not all of us are sprinters, and those having strong arms and excellence hopping ability couldn't have their potentials utilized.

I took part in volleyball, the game that I have been deeply indulged in since my first exposure towards this teamwork requiring sport. With great skills we had made our way into the final but stumbled, and ended up getting my first silver trophy of volleyball competition. Apart from that, as one of those who urged the organizing of basketball competition, I grouped a team of five players and won the champion with perspiration and luck, and I was quite surprised to be awarded the best player.
During the closing ceremony.

Despite some unpleasant sight or inconvenience, FESKOTT can still be considered a memorable and joyful event. It greatly depends on how you treat it. Effort would normally and eventually pay off. It is also time to keep my pace on the "academic track" for that pre AS Level examination is just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last picture :D Congratulations on ur winning. And you were definitely awesome during volleyball :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails