Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Experiment

About five years ago, I remember my brother once told me there was an experiment featuring the incredible effect of human thoughts or speech that could be directed to non-living things such as water droplets, discovered by Masaru Emoto who was the first man to begin this quest. He consolidated his controversial claims by gazetting his microscopic images of different water crystals resulted in his experiments to the public.

I didn't believe in it, until my scepticism ceased a little after I had come across with some positive results shared by people on YouTube and some related articles trying to explain the theories inside this mysterious response shown by non-living things. It happens to be totally out of logic to me. The behaviour of water droplets which is only explicable using non-scientific sense has thrilled me to try this out by myself, using rice which may show the similar response. I would soon gather a group of mates in my college to test the plausibility of this renowned Emoto test!


First you have to prepare two identical containers which are then filled with equal amount of cooked rice and sealed, preventing any other factors to intervene the only controlling variable. Then, write two contrasting phrases such as "I love you" and "I hate you" on pieces of papers and paste it, or directly on the container. Do notice in this experiment, your speech is vital as well, so prepare a few words to be spoken to each of them daily and repetitively. Make sure whenever you are showing love or hatred, you mean it. If things go smoothly, you will notice the rate of decomposition of the "poor" rice is much faster than the other one.

If this is your first time to know this, I'm pretty sure you are doubting it too. But isn't it fascinating? Hopefully I will not get a fruitless result :)

1 comment:

  1. it's true with touch as well. children in orphanages who are touched often are brighter, healthier..babies left untouched usually do not survived long.
    surely words are powerful!
    Just a verse from the Bible if u don't mind.
    Pro15:4 Gentle words cause life & health; harsh words cause quarrel..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails