Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Standing on the cross road

When I was in standard one of primary school, my teacher gave us a task – to figure out what possible jobs we would like to strive for, and fill in a form by arranging them in sequence according to our preference. Besides writing essay titled “My Ambition”, it has always been a trend among the teachers conducting such a survey to their students, for the reasons you know why. As expected, doctor topped the list as every one of us was looking for the most prestigious title. Yes, we were proud of ourselves to have our own preliminary ambition.


During secondary study, we had to face the fact that finding a job in response merely to our own interest would not eventually pay off. Who don’t wish to get himself into something that he really likes? But there are just too much factors we hadn’t considered. I would like to point out the main considerations taken care while people are looking for a job again, other than just the affinity towards the job – social status and respect, monetary stability, job satisfaction, or more simply to be simple and secure and so on.


For instance, my college has always been nurturing the doctor-to-be and dentist-to-be. I did ask the scholars around me concerning the reason they decide their career prospect to work as a dentist in their future. So far the answers I got are what you could always have expected. I’m able to bring it to a small conclusion, as it is two-fold. They prefer to traverse into a health care related field but they don’t seem to have considerable interest in this. A simple question will do – do you like watching into people’s mouth? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to expect an answer “yes”, I’m just wondering about what people tend to grow an interest in. Honestly I haven’t come across with anyone who can give me the powerful evidence that there would be no other job more suitable for him than a dentist. They have no idea about what else they should be. In fact, too many choices are available, which would trap them in the mist of puzzlement.


I used to be in the same circumstance. But we did have adequate time to make the right choice, didn’t we?

3 comments:

  1. Hey. U still remember that in Standard 1? Lol. For some reason me too. Miss those carefree days in 1 Merah. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here, because this is my calling.
    I press on, because my strength is from above.
    I love and I care, because He loves and care for you and many more, as much as He cares for me=), and as much as He loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ren Ming: I can still remember how I sought for your help in doing "bina ayat"!

    Susu: You are the chosen one ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails